ALL CLUBS ARE SUSPENDED WHILST WE ARE IN LOCKDOWN….WE HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL SOON!
We are so excited to be able to welcome you back to clubs. The safety and welfare of everyone at clubs is our number one priority. Our friendly and enthusiastic team will ensure the clubs are full of laughs and fun activities in a safe and nurturing environment.
We are fortunate that our working environment outdoors is intrinsically safer than any other social setting.
These procedures are informed by the current understanding of the virus and government guidelines for educational settings.
Feel free to email us if you’d like to discuss anything in more detail.
The infection control procedures required by government guidelines are:
- minimising contact with individuals who are unwell by ensuring that those who have Coronavirus symptoms, or who have someone in their household who does, do not attend childcare settings, schools or colleges
- cleaning hands more often than usual – wash hands thoroughly for 20 seconds with running water and soap or use alcohol hand rub or sanitiser ensuring that all parts of the hands are covered
- ensuring good respiratory hygiene – promote the ‘catch it, bin it, kill it’ approach
- cleaning frequently touched surfaces often using standard products, such as detergents and anti-bacterial soaps
- minimising contact and mixing by altering, as much as possible, the environment and timetables (ie. staggered break times)
The procedures cannot cover every eventuality, but we will use our interpretation to apply the government’s 5 principles above, which will help to keep you and your children and The Kids Outdoors staff safe.
By booking with us parents will be asked to agree to the following terms, conditions and procedures, together with our general terms and conditions. We will continue to review the guidelines and update as necessary.
ATTENDANCE: Please be responsible when making a decision about bringing your child.
Attendance on the day is subject to the child being virus-free, as far as it is practicable to be sure. To this end we ask parents to NOT bring their child if they:
- show any symptoms of COVID-19 on the day
- show any symptoms within 7 days prior to attending
- are living with an individual who has shown symptoms within 14 days before the date of their attendance (they and you should be self-isolating as per government guidelines)
- Children who are obviously unwell or accompanied by an Adult or Sibling who are obviously unwell will not be accepted by the session leader.
- Shielded and clinically vulnerable children and adults. Children and adults in these categories should not attend clubs, and we make it clear in our communications with parents that if their children or any member of their household is shielding or clinically vulnerable, then they should not attend.
GROUP BUBBLES OF UP TO 15 CHILDREN: We are operating the Group Bubble system which will include a maximum of 15 children. In addition, thorough hand washing will take place before and after lunch and at all interval throughout the day.
SIGN IN: Please maintain social distance from other parents, children and The Kids Outdoors staff while queuing to sign in. Please only have one adult attend per household. Try to sign in as quickly as possible. If you have queries about the day please wait until the end of registration and ask any questions while maintaining the recommended distance.
To ensure the most efficient sign in for all, please ensure the information that you give us when you book online is correct, particularly mobile contact number for on the day and medical information. You can update this information online logging into your account and updating your mobile number, or Update Child details you can update medical notes/needs. If you need to update any other information prior to the session, or advise on pick up arrangements you can email us.
Once signed in please leave the area and do not congregate around others.
HYGIENE PROCEDURES: The current science on the transmission on Coronavirus indicates that transmission is greatly reduced outside. We have introduced the below hygiene procedures into our day plans, to provide extra security against transmission. The children will have these procedures explained to them at the beginning of the day.
- Social Distancing & Contact It is clearly difficult or impossible in some circumstances to maintain a 1m distance between primary age children. Any games or activities that involve touching or holding hands will be adapted to avoid physical contact. Children will be spaced out while engaged in social actions (such as eating, intro talks or crafting) to maximise the distance between them. We will not be carrying children’s bags or other possessions during the day, and we will keep contact with children’s food to an absolute minimum so PLEASE send them with food/packets that they can open!
- Handwashing Everyone will be required to wash hands regularly throughout the day. Hand washing will be supervised by leaders to ensure children are washing thoroughly and for 20 second minimum.
- Disposable tissues We will have tissues on hand and encourage children to comply with the ‘catch it, bin it, kill it’ advise
- Hand Sanitiser will be available as required on site.
- Masks The UK government guidance on masks says: “Wearing a face covering or face mask in schools or other education settings is not recommended. Schools and other education or childcare settings should therefore not require staff, children and learners to wear face coverings. Changing habits, cleaning and hygiene are effective measures in controlling the spread of the virus.” We will have facemasks on site for any close contact/first aid required.
- Cleaning and equipment: Any equipment and surfaces used during a day session will be disinfected, washed and cleaned thoroughly before the next session.
SIGN OUT: Please ensure the social distancing is adhered to at all times and help by moving quickly away from the area once you have your child and all their belongings. Should you need to speak with on of the leaders at the end of the day please wait until sign-out is finished.
AFTER THE DAY: If your child or any member of their family group develops symptoms of COVID-19 within 2 weeks of their visit to us please email us.
If you have any additional concerns or questions about your day with us please ensure you contact us via phone or email before your session so we can discuss any concerns in advance thereby minimising time spent face to face with our team of leaders on site.
We thank you for your understanding and cooperation during these unprecedented times. We’re looking forward to the new normal adventures with you all.