Forest School is an inspirational process, that offers all children regular opportunities to achieve and develop confidence and self-esteem through hands-on play and learning experiences in a woodland or natural environment with trees.
Forest School is a specialised learning approach that sits within and compliments the wider context of outdoor and woodland education.
At Forest School all participants are viewed as:
- equal, unique and valuable
- competent to explore & discover
- entitled to experience appropriate risk and challenge
- entitled to choose, and to initiate and drive their own learning and development
- entitled to experience regular success
- entitled to develop positive relationships with themselves and other people
- entitled to develop a strong, positive relationship with their natural world
Here at Kids Outdoors we use the ethos of Forest School, which is child led play in a natural environment!